Instagram Platform and documentation update. Apps created on or after Nov 17, 2015 will start in Sandbox Mode and function on newly updated API rate-limits and behaviors. Prior to going Live, and being able to be used by people other than the developers of the app, these apps will have to go through a new review process. Please read the API documentation or the Change Log for more details.
Any app created before Nov 17, 2015 will continue to function until June 2016. After June 2016, the app will automatically be moved to Sandbox Mode if it wasn't approved through the review process. The previous version of our documentation is stil available here.
The Instagram API Platform can be used to build non-automated, authentic, high-quality apps and services that:
- Help individuals share their own content with 3rd party apps.
- Help brands and advertisers understand, manage their audience and media rights.
- Help broadcasters and publishers discover content, get digital rights to media, and share media with proper attribution.
Before you start using the API Platform, we have a few guidelines that we'd like to tell you about. Please make sure to read the full Platform Policy. Here's what you'll read about:
- Instagram users own their media. It's your responsibility to make sure that you respect that right.
- You cannot use "insta", "gram" or "Instagram" in your company or product name.
- You cannot replicate the core user experience of the Instagram apps or web site. For example, do not build a media viewer.
- You cannot use the API Platform to crawl or store users' media without their express consent.
- Do not abuse the API Platform, automate requests, or encourage unauthentic behavior. This will get your access turned off.